Friday, August 22, 2008

Life's Trials.

Just before Father's Day a few months ago, I was surprised and excited to get a (+) on the pregnancy test I took. Randy and I were totally thrilled, only to have our hopes crushed a few days later. Not even a week after we went to the Dr. to confirm it, a trip to the E.R. interrupted our plans.
"Spontaneous abortion", they called it. Those words have ripped my heart apart. To me, abortion has always meant "getting rid of a problem or unwanted item." This child, to me, was neither of those. Why is it still so hard to move on? Why doesn't my heart still hurt? We've thought about trying again, picking up where we left off, and hope each month for that (+) test. Granted, it's only been 2, 2 1/2 months since the miscarriage, but still, I'm devastated when AF shows up.
Is it worth it to keep trying? My heart yearns to hold my baby. Does the pain ever stop? Will we ever get that chance?

No comments: